Any marketer worth their salt knows about Instagram and how it can be an essential part of any marketing strategy. However, Instagram can’t be treated the same way that Facebook is even though it’s owned by Facebook. Instagram has its own unique personality and if you treat it like Facebook, you’ll miss opportunities.
While people will ask me about how they should post or what they should do, the most common question that I get about Instagram is how to increase your followers. Aside from buying followers (which I would not recommend), how can you grow your base and expand your reach?
Don’t worry, I’ve got all the tips you need. There are 4 areas that you need to focus on, but if you’re going to do anything, follow the secrets below:
The 8 Secrets You Need to Get More Instagram Followers:
- Post-high-quality content.
- Upload every single day.
- Use engagement groups.
- Post at peak times.
- Bring value.
- Write long captions.
- Engage with your audience 30 minutes before you post.
- Be active in IG stories.
Use AVR formula:
For every post that you make, you want to keep AVR in mind. AVR stands for Attention, Value, and Relatable. If you can’t make this work for you, then you’re not going to be able to provide a good experience for the people you want to follow you. Instagram is a place where it’s really easy to scroll. Follow these three principles and you’ll start to gain followers more naturally.
- Attention: Grab attention with Good photography, Typography, Luxuries, Face/Body parts.
- Value: Gain a follower by telling something new, teaching new skills, entertaining, inspiring, help to relax, giving them a place to belong
- Relatable: Be relatable- tell a similar story, share similar problems & challenges–> offer your solution, they should feel they can do it too, invite them into your world.
The Importance of Early Engagement on Instagram
Early engagement is vital to get a boost on your content. The Instagram algorithm checks your likes and comments after 10 minutes, 30 minutes, 1 hour, and 4 hours after uploading a post.
If you gathered enough likes in this period, your content will get a push from the Instagram algorithm.
In order to get a push, you should aim to have 100 likes and 4 Comments in 1 hour to get the push.
Here are my three tips to get early engagement on your content:
- Use an engagement group: There are many Instagram dm groups and telegram groups that are helpful and will help boost your content.
- High-quality content: Pick content from your niche that’s gone viral from the explore page and recreate it with your own unique themes/design.
- Good hashtag list: Hashtags are the most essential part of getting a good reach. So create a list of hashtags that help you get engagement then keep working with them.
I know this is a LOT. It is a full-time job to follow all the steps. Instagram is one of the more in-depth strategies when it comes to getting followers. For now, I recommend picking one new strategy from the list that you can implement right away.
When you feel you have a good handle, add one more to your IG strategy. This way you can build a strong foundation without getting overwhelmed.
If you like this post and you would like to read more content about Digital Marketing, subscribe to my mailing list here