Congratulations! You have decided that you would like to create a blog. Whether this is the first step for your future online business or space for you to create and share your ideas – a website makes it real!
In this blog post, I will outline all the reasons why you should build your WordPress blog by yourself and provide you with a checklist so you can create your own blog without missing anything important.
In my blog post and checklist, I am referring to WordPress.org and NOT WordPress.com which is a different solution. If you would like to read more about the differences between WordPress.org and WordPress.com, you can check out my previous blog post here.
To download the Free Printable checklist, click here
Why Should I Build My Own WordPress Blog?
There are many good reasons for you to build your first WordPress Blog by yourself:
You will save money – lots of money. There are many services and agencies that can help you build a website, but it comes at a high price. Not only will it cost you a few thousand dollars to build a website, but any required changes will also be at an additional cost to you.
When you build your own blog and you know how to control everything, you will be able to change, update, and keep your website up to date. Add new pages, new forms, giveaways – the sky’s the limit! Your website can start as a blog and can develop into an online business, store, or any other direction you decide to take.
When you build your own WordPress Blog you can make any updates by yourself without needing help from any service providers. These days your website should be updated consistently in order to keep up with all the changes and it just makes sense to have full control.
By creating your own WordPress site you will be able to adjust your website to your future business needs. You are a blogger now, but tomorrow you might decide to grow your business, add features, or sell products. When you build your own WordPress blog, you can easily update and change it to fit any future need quickly.
Can I Build My WordPress Blog without previous experience?
The answer is simple: YES
You can build your website with WordPress without any previous experience. However, it will take a little time to learn the platform.
No coding experience required to set up a WordPress Blog.
The best way I can describe it to you is that WordPress is like any program or app. It will take you time to learn it the first time you use it. But once you know where everything is set and where all the buttons are, you can manage it easily.
Remember the first time that you opened PowerPoint and tried to create a presentation? It probably took you some time to find all the right functions at first, right?
WordPress will be the same, it can seem overwhelming at first, but once you understand all the functions, you’ll be doing just great!
The Ultimate Checklist for Build My Own WordPress Blog
Website Set Up
- Choose and buy your Domain name.
- Purchase a Hosting package.
- Install the WordPress App on your hosting dashboard.
- Issue an SQL certificate for your website.
WordPress Set Up
- Set up your Dashboard.
- Review General, Writing, Reading setting.
- Set up users and access.
- Write your Site Title and Site tagline
- Choose your WordPress Theme.
- Set up your website’s Email address.
- Customize your theme: Colors, Logo, Fonts, Background, & Header.
- Choose your header image or create one with Canva.
- Install all the necessary plugins.
- Add an SEO plugin and work on the site’s SEO setting.
- Install Form Maker plugin in order to create Forms.
Menus and Widgets
- Create the main menu for your website.
- Create a Footer menu.
- Add Widgets to your homepage.
- Create Widgets for your sidebar.
- Add a search button to your website.
- Set up categories for your website’s posts.
- Set up your Contact page.
- Create a Contact form.
- Write your first blog posts.
- Reduce image file sizes.
- Set up AMP pages for Mobile.
- Install an SEO plugin and optimize your blog posts.
- Connect your website to Google Analytics.
- Connect your website to Google Tag Manager for pixel implementation.
- Set up social media buttons for easy access to your social accounts.
- Add your Social feeds from Instagram and Pinterest on your home page.
- Add Videos from your YouTube channel to your website.
- Install a Social Sharing plugin.
- Set up an account with an email service provider like Mailchimp.
- Connect your account to your website using the right plugin.
- Add a subscription widget to your website.
- Create a pop-up subscription box.
Build My Own WordPress Blog: Free Printable Checklist
To download this Checklist to build your own WordPress blog or website, please fill your email address and a printable PDF will be sent to your mailbox for FREE.
Build My Own WordPress Blog- Full Checklist!
Send download link to:
If you like this post and you would like to read more content about Digital Marketing, subscribe to my mailing list here